Forum rules - please read before posting.

Translate the camera in the scene

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
The camera starts following the player, but I'd like to free it during a cut scene and translate it at a specific position.

- Initial state: camera follow player.
- Cutscene state: camera translate at a specific position.

I tried to search in the Camera Actions, but I found no actions that allows me to do that. 
I also tried using object translate, but the camera is not recognized as a movable object.
How could I achieve that?

Thank you very much!

Comments

• You could add the Moveable script to the camera, that will make it available for Object:Transform actions, but I doubt that will work. The better way is to create a new GameCamera, then use Camera:Switch to switch to it during your cutscene, animate that, and then switch back to the 3rd person camera you were using before when you are done.
  • The Camera is a 2dcamera in a 2d environment.

I tried to add the Moveable script, but the camera doesn't move..

I tried also to unset "Target is Player", but it's not moving.
  • The Main Camera is locked to follow whatever GameCamera it is using as its target. This means you can't move the camera itself because it will snap back instantly. Like I said, make an addition GameCamera2D, make an animation for it with the movement you want, then use the Camera:switch action in a cutscene to switch to it when you need it.