Forum rules - please read before posting.

Disabling Double click to run

Hi Chris,
I want to know how I can disable the double click functionality to be associated with running.
Basically I want to use "double click to run" option in the hotspots but not when the player clicks on the ground so that the only way to run is to click on certain hotspots like "Exit to Wharf".
Is there an easy way to achieve this?
Cheers

Comments

• The Player: Constrain Action can be used to prevent running, but that will affect Hotspot movement as well.  I'll consider making the double-click behaviour optional.
  • Hi Chris,
    Yes that was my first try but then as you say it affected the hotspot.

If you could make that optional that would be awesome cause I feel there is a good use case to not constrain the player to run, but just disable that option in the interface.

That way he can run in other situations outside of the double click on the floor.
    If there is another way, maybe using the API I am happy to look in that direction as well, so long as it's generic enough.

Thanks Chris!

• No, don't worry - I'll add it in.  There's an existing "Require double-click to move" toggle option, but I'll replace it with a popup to allow for both options.
  • edited October 2017
    Thanx for adding it, pal! that is the best online offer
  • Hi Chris,
    That's amazing let me know when it's in there!
    Cheers,
  • It was added in v1.60 - look for the Double-click movement popup field under Movement settings in the Settings Manager.  Note that this displays only when the Movement method is set to Point And Click.