Forum rules - please read before posting.

ESC button, Toggle key Menu, Action Sound Play - problem

Hi,
as default I have Pause Menu set to Toggle key "Menu",
so ESC works firing Pause Menu, 
but I've come to strange behavior, during ActionList run when Action "Sound - Play" (with or without "Wait until finish" checked) game pauses, after resume, sound plays form where it stoped, but chain of Actions runs in the same moment at resume, it doesnt wait for Action Sound to finish.

So it leads to bad behavior, for me for ex, after some sound of player transformation Player changes to another, so with this bug if somenone invokes Pause menu with ESC key in this example and resumes, player changes bo sound is not finished

Workaound is disabling hotkey for pause so during cutscenes user cannot invoke Pause menu anyway, but it is not a good option, coz with longer cutscenes it can be much annoying to wait till end to for example Load game or change Options

Comments

• If "Wait until finish" is unchecked, then it shouldn't wait anyway.  But I can't recreate the behaviour if it's checked.

Which version are you using?  Please try the latest release, and also share screenshots or steps to recreate the issue.
  • edited October 2017
    In 2D demo Park
    - in ActionList "Tyre_Use"
    - Change in 5th Action "Sound - Play" sound file to something long for ex: "Brain28" file clip, check "Wait until finish"
    - run demo, use tyre to hit the tree, apart from Player looping animation of swinging (non relevant in this case), Sound clip plays full then after finish rest of action resume. //so works as expected

now

- run demo, use tyre to hit the tree, Sound clip starts to play, hit "ESC" button, Pause menu appears, press "Resume" or "ESC" again to close Pause menu and resume game, Sound clip resumes play but all Actions after it get run also, so clip plays parallel to them and stops after Action list finishes

So as before my question is, is it a bug? Because User can do it the same way as shown and it is confusing or even ruins gameplay
  • edited October 2017
    It is - but it's dependent on the version of Unity being used.  I'll investigate.
  • i use Unity 2017.1.1f1 , AC 1.59e
  • edited October 2017
    Recreated.  This is actually part of a larger problem involving ActionList playback.  Will work on a fix, thanks for the report.