Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Switch Problems :follow sorting map

Hi!
So i have a scene with 3 controllable player...i have interactions with them (you have to give an object to one player and another to the second player etc...) all work perfectly at the beginning ,i can give objects and switch character with buttons but my problem is when i give an object to a character (especially the default player) and then switch to this character, it doesn't follow sorting map anymore ... dont understand why...

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @victor.

For us to understand why, you will have to provide more information so that we can see what is going wrong.  For starters, in which versions of AC and Unity are you working with, and on what platform?

If you're using player-switching, I'm assuming that you have each of the non-interactive Players set up as NPCs that are then "swapped-out" with actual Player objects when they become interactive.  Is that correct?

Please show screenshots of the way your scene is set up, the way your Players are set up, and list the exact steps you take for the problem to occur.  We will need those in order to attempt a recreation of the issue.
  • Than you :)

I have AC 1.59 with unity 2017.11F1 on a macbook pro OS Sierra

yes im using player switching and it work ;) my player doesn't follow sorting map when i give an object to him...image
    My 3 players are in my project folders (not in my scene)
    I' ve made 3 npc that are then "swapped-out" with actual Player objects when they become interactive

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Do each of your players and NPCs have a "Follow Sorting Map" Script attached to the Sprite/Animator Child?
  • yes they all have one but its weird because the problem begin after giving an object to the first player (blondgirl)....at the beginning all work perfectly...they follow the sorting map with no problem
  • Whew.  I looked at all your images and I cannot discern what the problem is.  Sorry.  I honestly don't have any more ideas. 

• No problem :) thanks for the help ;) is think its a bug....
  • edited October 2017
    The ActionList you've posted has no Player: Switch Action.  Please post a shot of the ActionList that does.

In the player's Follow Sorting Map component, do you have Follow default Sorting Map? checked and a Default Sorting Map assigned in the Scene Manager?

Sorry for the obvious questions, but the error message that's showing should only be doing so if either of those things aren't so.
  • Yep i have all of that!
    When i launch the scene, the" follow sorting map" work fine but when i give an object to another player it doesn't follow the sorting map anymore (but it can still follow the "tint map"...)
  • I think the problem is not from the player switch because i can switch my players with no problem...and they still follow the sorting map...this only comes when i give an object....
  • edited October 2017
    Indeed, I can't recreate any such issue merely by switching player.

But your "giving object" ActionList doesn't look right to me.  You begin with a Player: Switch Action that redirects to Action 1 regardless of it's outcome.  Also, if Actions 2 and 4 are just intended to remove the Biere item from the current player's inventory, the Affect specific player? checkbox shouldn't necessary - and you can just use one Action (also eliminating Action 3).

You say that this happens "especially" with the default player.  Does that means that sometimes it doesn't, and it works as intended?  What are those circumstances?
  • Update: Never mind - problem recreated.  Thanks for the info, will work on a fix.
  • Cool! And sorry for my noobies answers ;)

Thank you !

Victor
  • hi! do you know when the fix will be available? we are making a demo for the game but we can't finish until this bug is not fixed....Thank you! :)
  • edited October 2017
    Hopefully by the end of this week, but it's subject to change as other bugs are reported and also need addressing.

You can PM me privately if you'd like a WIP package to test - though as it's still WIP I wouldn't recommend using it in a production.

Thanks for your patience.
  • Ok thank you for your answer! No problem we will wait :)
    Thank you!
  • Thank you!!!!! :)