Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC follow problem

When using the NPC follow action, the character is "walking" all the time, even if standing still after having reached it's Min/max distance. This mean the character is walking in place.
The character is setup with locomotion/mechanim and works nicely when used as "player" with it's idle pose. 
Am I missing something?
I'm using onstart cutscene where I have the npc follow action. 
The character follows my player around, but will not go to idle state.

Any direction would be much appreciated.

Comments

• What is their "Move speed float" parameter value when they should be standing still, and are you using Blend Trees to control the Idle/Walk transitions?

Please also share the exact settings used in your NPC follow Action.
  • edited October 2017
    Thanks Chris,

Yes, the locomotion based character that I'm using, is using blend trees
    I'm using an asset bought on the App Store.

For the NPC follow, I use the "Start following" action:

• That image is too small to make out the numbers.  Could you write the MoveSpeed value in a reply?

Also:
    • What AC version?  Test the latest if not using v1.59e.
    • What is your "Destination accuracy" slider value in the Settings Manager?
    • Please post a shot of the NPC's full Inspector
  • edited October 2017
    Hi Chris

In terms of the MoveSpeed, it was set to 1, similar to my player character. I was thinking that when my player moved, then the speed with change - but it's obviously using the player speed.

It seems like that is what is causing it to "move" all the time. I changed it to 0 - works better now.
    Destination Accuracy is 0.8

-------------
    EDIT: Fixed. Please ignore.
    (Due to missing NavMesh (That somehow got removed when updating), it causes the UI to not be shown)

I just uploaded to the latest version. I'm always very scared when updating AC, cause it seems like things get changed and I have to redo things.
    My UI is not shown in Game mode anymore  - I have changed all the respective managers to my own and it also seems like the NavMesh gets messed up. I have tried this before - is there a way to get around this so I don't have to re-work it?
    I'm not sure how to get my UI back. In the inspector its "During gameplay" and not locked - wondering why it's not shown anymore.

Thanks!

• Be mindful to always read the "Upgrade notes" section of the included Changelog text file, which covers any changes made that may impact your game.  Generally these are API changes (which affect custom scripts) or automatic field value changes.

What version were you previously using?  If you keep AC regularly updated, then there are fewer upgrade changes each time, so fewer potential issues to deal with.

I can't think why the NavMesh would get un-baked, as AC doesn't access Unity's Navigation toolset - it just makes use of whatever the user has baked.  Did you also upgrade your Unity version as well?

As for the UI, please post a new thread with full details including images of its Menu Manager, intended appearance, and Canvas prefab (if using Unity UI for it).  Also: does it also stop displaying if you try it in a fresh scene (i.e. an empty one that has just been organised with the Scene Manager)?