Forum rules - please read before posting.

Active FX issue

In an Unity UI Inventory, Appear Type = Manual, Show Active FX when cursor hovers over Item checked, when you pick up a item - which has Main Graphic and Active Graphic set - when you right-click or left-click to release the item in its slot it stays with the Active Graphic icon rather than Main Graphic..
If instead you click with an item on another without Interaction, the item returns to its place with the correct icon Main Graphic but the item clicked remains in Active Graphic.

Comments

• Please post your full Settings Manager - I'll attempt a recreation.
  • edited October 2017
    I've done several tests and I noticed that:
    deselecting * Left-click deselects active item? * the option * Can move player if an item is active * appears. The issue is that the status of this checkbox is remembered by reselecting * Left-click deselects active item? *. It remains active even though it is hidden and in the state it was before hiding it.
    Could not it be a good idea to move * Can move player * out of the current option? (which I discovered by chance after finding a way to do the same thing with a ActionList Engine -> Manage system).

With regard to inventory items, after turning all the possible options I noticed that:
    with * Left-click deselect active item * selected and an active item on the mouse:
       left click out from the inventory: item returns to its slot with its Main Graphic
       left click in the inventory: two different behaviors, if I click to release the item in its empty slot when I release the mouse button the item returns active (if I stay on the slot but if I move the cursor out of the inventory without release button the item remains in its slot).  If I click on another item (without interaction), the active item returns to its slot with its Main Graphic but the item I clicked replaces the previous one as if I had clicked it to pick it up. It would seem as if the mouse button-up worked as a click.

with * Left-click deselect active item * deselected and an active item on the mouse:
       left click out from the inventory: item is not deselected.
       left click in the inventory: all ok (but should not it be the opposite?) but if the option * Show Active FX when Cursor hovers over Item in Menu * is selected two different behaviors: if I click to release the item in its empty slot when I release the mouse button the item remains in Active Graphic mode in its slot. If I click on another item (without interaction), the active item returns to its slot with its Main Graphic but the item I clicked remains in its slot but in Active Graphic mode.

If it is useful I can post my settings manager but the behaviors will change according to the chosen options.
    I think if you put a Unity UI Inventory with Appear Type = Manual and you only set up Main Graphic and Active Graphic you should see that there is something strange.

Anyway, once this problem is resolved (if I'm not wrong) I would suggest (when you have less important things to do, it's a fineness) an implementation on the inventory that is what I'm trying to do.
    When the icon in Main Graphic mode is over to another item in the inventory the ability to assign a different icon to both items but different from Active Graphic, Main Graphic, and Cursor. Same for the Cursor icon, you can set a second icon when it is over to another item.
    Another detail, once I picked an item from inventory if I move on its empty slot appears its label, could this be avoided?

• edited October 2017
    Thanks, I'll go through your comments.  However, the Settings Manager is still necessary to see - please post it.

Please also keep separate issues in separate threads - re-post your final question in a new thread with a screenshot to illustrate.
  • As you suggested me in the other post I will reply you here. The problem is different from what I've described here but it's probably somehow connected (sorry for the duplicate post).
    If it may be useful to check your new changes I can try the WIP gladly otherwise there is no hurry, know that in the new release you have fix this for me is ok.
    Thanks

• But I don't know if I have - the other post had no detail of what the set up was, only the effect that it caused.  Look out for a PM shortly.