Forum rules - please read before posting.

Long startup time when playing build

edited October 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hi there,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what I'm doing wrong.

When I play a build of my game (whether on PC or Android), there is a load time on initial startup of the game, immediately following the Unity logo and before my first scene appears. This wait is around 20 seconds on PC and a bit longer on Android.

However, there is no such delay when going between scenes. So this issue only exists at startup. I've have this problem over several versions of AC and Unity. And my game uses pixelated 2D sprites, so I doubt its that intense.

At first I thought I was using the Resources folder incorrectly as I put graphics and audio in there, but despite moving those out, the problem still persists. I even tried adding a loading bar as in one of the AC tutorials, but that only appears quickly in between scenes, not during this initial startup loading.

Don't know what else to try...

Comments

• Have you tried connecting the Profiler?

Could be as much a Unity issue as much as AC, but what's the latest version of AC you've tested with?

It's likely to do with the preloading of assets.  One way you could try to determine what's causing it is to create a backup project and delete various asset types (audio / graphics) until the times are reduced - and then see what setting you can change for those assets in the project proper.
  • Thanks for the suggestion Chris. In case this helps anyone, my solution was to change my audio import settings. Going from DecompressOnload to streaming for all my music tracks reduced that load time significantly. Cheers.