Forum rules - please read before posting.

Couple Issues since updating...

edited October 2017 in Technical Q&A
Kicking myself for updating as I've run into a couple of issues that I am not sure how to resolve... 

My Navcam is acting real funky since updating.. In the preview window it looks like my cameras are placed properly but when testing there is an offset where ive got the blue screen outside the games art within the scene below.. 

It maybe is the size of my hidden inventory? But then there is also the issue now of when switching scenes where i get these errors saying i need a constant id script.. BUT i fixed this by adding constant ids!

If i disable/lock horizontal scrolling it no longer has this blue below... so I tried deleting my navcam as a test... but then i still run into the same issue as soon as i enable horizontal scrolling..

Did add a constant id script in for my navcams but didnt fix the blue on the bottom..

only way to fix it having blue on the bottom is to drag my navcam up so it looks like this in the editor which is basically me just moving the camera up to compensate for it not being accurate and showing the blue on the bottom.. but then in the preview as you can see the blue is now up top.. but its not in game.. seems silly to have to do this to every scene now.. and on top of that i still have the constant id issue as far as adding it to all my navcams and sorting maps in every scene..

Comments

• No need to kick yourself - if there's an issue with AC, I will fix it.

First of all: from which version were you updating, and what version of Unity are you using?

The warnings about Constant IDs on the cameras are there for your benefit - and if you weren't getting them before you may have been using a very old version of AC, in which case you must take extra care to read the "Upgrade notes" sections of the changelog for each version between.

Constant ID numbers are necessary for the active camera / sorting map to be recorded in save game files - see Section 9.1.1 (Saving scene objects) in the Manual for more on this.

You can, however, auto-add these components from the top of the Settings Manager - though be sure to back up the project first, as it will go through your scenes and make changes automatically.

This is, however, separate to the camera issue - and it could be a duplicate of this issue.  I don't believe it's to do with your inventory.

Your minimum and maximum Constrain values are swapped - the minimum is larger than the maximum.  If you keep Lock? unchecked, but also uncheck the Constrain? box, does the issue persist?
  • UPDATE: I've recreated this bug, it's present in v1.59b onwards.  A fix will be out shortly.
  • Yahoo! thanks for taking a look! 

I did auto-add the components after going back and reading changes so apologize for that as could have resolved it myself which i ended up doing. 
  • Thanks for fixing that as it takes a load off my brain,,

still getting constant id issues even after auto-adding, but not that big of a deal.. just going through and adding them manually where needed