Forum rules - please read before posting.

Set variable with keypress

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
Ive got a trigger which checks for input on the enter key, but how do I make it so if the condition is met (ie enter key is down) then I can set a global variable ?

Comments

• You can use AC.GlobalVariables.SetIntegerValue(id number of the variable, desired value);

You can replace Integer with Boolean and Float too. And the value does not have to be a plain number, if you want to increase or decrease by one for instance just fill in +1 or -1 for the desired value.

Instead of Set you can also Get.

You can find the variable id in the AC Variables manager tab.
  • thanks very much! It works :) do you know how I get and set from the inventory in code ? I want to be able to reduce the amount of money in the players inventory but from an independent script, not from a AC action.
  • Great :) I don't know yet how to handle inventory items in code, I've tried to find the reference to it but nothing useful yet. Maybe take a look in ActionInventorySet.cs to see how the action does it, maybe you can borrow code from there. Otherwise ChrisIceBox will know.