Forum rules - please read before posting.

Navmesh Error?! when using hotspot Detector in 2D game.

edited September 2017 in Technical Q&A
HI there,

I really enjoy using your adventure creator program. It is awesome.^_^

Recently I found a error about movement of player after using Player Vicinity in the hotspot setting.

I use Point and Click in the Movement Method.

Hotspot dectector mode is working great. 

But I think that Circle Collider 2D in HotspotDetector Object affects player movement.

I am sorry for my English skill. If you just watch my video, you easily catch what problem is.

this is link.

Comments

• In what version of AC?

The video shows the problem, but not enough detail about the player to understand why.  I'll post some suggestions, but if they don't work please post screenshots showing the full Inspectors of all the character's GameObjects.

Move the Hotspot Detector to a child object of the sprite child.  Otherwise, it will rotate in 3D space - the sprite child will automatically face the camera at all times.

Make sure that the Hotspot Detector's CircleCollider2D component has "Is Trigger" checked.

Make sure that there is only one Rigidbody2D component in the player's hierarchy.  If it is on the Hotspot Detector, make sure that Gravity is disabled, and that "Move with Rigidbody" is unchecked in the Player's Inspector.
  • Oh it's working great. 

As you mentioned above, After I delete Rigidbody 2D component in the player object, it return to nomal.

Thanks a lot! :)