Forum rules - please read before posting.

Auto hotspot interaction

Hi,

I wanted to ask, is it possible to automatically start an interaction when I'm close to a hotspot. 

Basically I want to use the "Choose hotspot the interaction" option. But I want to automatically start the interaction when i'm next to the hotspot and just choose either the use, look at or talk option. 

Using keyboard controls only.

Comments

• To explain further. When I get near a hotspot, I want to be able to see the options like use, look at or talk to.
  • Not currently through any option in the Settings Manager, through it should be possible with simple scripting:

KickStarter.playerMenus.EnableInteractionMenus (myHotspot);

That code will enable Interaction menus for the Hotspot variable "myHotspot".  Calling that in the OnHotspotSelect custom event (see Sections 5.19 and 12.3) will cause interaction menus to open for the most recently-selected Hotspot.
  • UPDATE: Actually, this should be possible already.

Set your See Interactions with field to Cursor Over Hotspot and Hotspots in vicinity to Nearest Only.  If you're using a keyboard-interface, that should be enough.
  • Worked like a charm. thanks. Also thanks for adding the ability to add icons to the dialogue options. My old workaround for that was really long.