Forum rules - please read before posting.

3D Character walk: little issue

I'm following the 2.5D tutorial and I have a little issue.
The girl takes a step further on the spot without stopping immediately. I tried to replace the player with another but the problem persists. I have checked all the parameters (Animator, Player) and they are the same as the tutorial. I had already followed this tutorial with a previous version of both Unity and AC and I do not remember having this problem. Do you have any suggestions?

Comments

• I think I've solved it. Under Player -> Physics setting I had the Move with Rigibody field activated. Unchecking it, the character stops immediately. Do you believe it is the right solution?
  • I'm afraid I don't understand your description of the original problem - are you saying that she walks beyond where she ought to stop?

If disabling movement with the Rigidbody works for you, that's fine - if it's not necessary for your game, there's no requirement to use it.

Precise movement is something of an artform in any game engine, as physics systems, turn speeds, root motion etc can all potentially contribute.  However, the Manual's Section 3.5 (Precision movement) has some tips on how to achieve more accurate character motion.
  • Hi Chris,
    the character stops in the right place but before it gets into idle it walks in the place for a second. If I remove the check at Move with Rigibody it gets into idle as soon as it stops.
  • If it's purely an animation issue, it might also be affected by your transition values in the Animator (i.e. the "Move speed float" value that triggers Walk -> Idle.  Some tweaking of that may also yield improvement.