Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to show inventory?

edited August 2014 in Engine development
Im trying to make a drinks machine you can get a drink from, it appears my interaction works fine, or I dont get an error, but I literally see nothing happen? On the tutorial I see the item appears at the top, also is there a button to press to show the inventory ? Im thinking nothing is showing up properly here because Im using ufps, maybe something to do with the weapon camera?

Comments

• To show the Inventory, you need a menu that's set to display it.  The tutorial, like the demo, has a Menu called "Inventory" that's set to show up at the top when the mouse cursor appears over it.

Check your Menu Manager.  If it's blank, you'll need to create a new Menu, and place an InventoryBox inside it - this is used to display Inventory items.

Better yet, however, is to copy the Demo_MenuManager asset and edit that, since it already has the main Menus you need (Inventory, Options etc).  If you want the Inventory to display at all times, rather than only when the mouse cursor hovers over it's area, set it's Appear type to During Gameplay.