Forum rules - please read before posting.

Subtitles do not appear - Action List: Run in Background

Hey there, I've came across a problem regarding the action list option, "When running: Run in background".

There is a scene in my game which is supposed to have a character saying things in the background with some pauses, without locking gameplay. What happens is that the subtitles do not appear. The speaking animation works fine.

When I set the action list to pause gameplay, the subs are shown normally, and I don't know what's going on.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• In what version?  What is the state of the "Play in background" option in the Dialogue: Play speech Action itself?

Have you modified the default Subtitles Menu?  There is an option in speech Menus to configure what kind of speech it displays - background, blocking, or both.  If you've set it to Blocking, then you'll have to change it back or create another such Menu for Background speech.
  • Hey Chris. It's version 1.58. Yes, changing this option to "both" in the subtitles menu worked, I must've overlooked that.

Thank you!