Forum rules - please read before posting.

Third Person Camera

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
So I'm strugglin' with this at the moment...I'd like to use the third person camera with the typical control (WASD) for the player and to rotate the camera around the right mouse button...is that achievable? I noticed the camera's and player's inputs share the same axis...

Comments

• You just have to change the camera's Input axes.  Go into your Input Manager (Edit -> Project settings -> Input), and define two axes that accept your mouse's X and Y axes.  Then just enter their names into the camera inspector.
  • Can someone please explain how to do this ive defined the two axes in the inputs but dont know how to enter there names into the camera inspector.. any help would be good please..
  • The Inputs go in the GameCameraThirdPerson script attached to your camera, but they'll only appear conditionally: make sure your Spin and Pitch aren't Locked, and the Drag-controlled? is unchecked.
  • Is it possible to integrate a TP / Top-Down camera like this one into AC?
  • I can't speak for specifics, but I'm looking into making it easier to incorporate custom camera types into AC.