Forum rules - please read before posting.

Manual disable of save option?

Hi! Im running into a problem where If the player is on a screen that has a "Back Button" (Ex. The player has clicked on a painting, then I take then to A Close up view of that painting, with a "Back" button on screen to return to normal gameplay), When attempting to save, the Back Button goes away.

I tried disabling the "Crossfade" transition so that the "Back" button menu option would not close, and this works fine for resuming gameplay in the moment.   But when I LOAD into that game, there is no "Back" button present.

I would like to either find a way to ensure the "back" button shows up after loading, or disable saving when in these Close Up views.

Comments

• Saving can be prevented at any time by using the Engine: Manage systems Action.

What is the Appear type of the Back Button's Menu?  For it to work automatically with saving, set it to During Gameplay.  Then, rather than using the Menu: Change state Action to turn it on/off, use that same Action to lock/unlock it.  When a Menu is locked, it will not turn on even when it's "appear type" rule is met.
  • Perfect!  Thanks!