Forum rules - please read before posting.

Defining Inputs

Hi,

I have a few quick questions about defining inputs. I'm building for touch screen devices, so I don't think I really need any inputs defined, but my (vague) understanding is that I should define the 'available inputs' so I can click the 'assume inputs are defined?' checkbox for improved performance.

Is this just a case of adding them in the InputManager? Do I have to assigne a specific key, or can I just leave everything other than name blank?

Also, should I delete the predefined inputs (Horizontal, Vertical, Fire1/2/3 etc.) or are any of these needed?

Thanks

Comments

• Yes, just adding them to the Input Manager should be enough - I don't believe keys need be assigned.

The Available inputs box should list all inputs necessary - so the default Unity ones such as Fire1/2/3 aren't necessary.  The only exception to this that I can think of would be "Submit" and "Cancel", which are used for UI - IIRC, Unity will complain about these not being defined even on mobile platforms.