Forum rules - please read before posting.

Does "Gather text" work for ActionList in assets?

Hi there! Hope the title is clear enough: I wanted to convert all my cutscenes into asset files (so I can mess with them safely, mostly), but when I tried to make a "Gather text" to update the speech manager, it didn't find the texts inside the asset (in fact, it didn't even remove the old IDs gathered from the scene). When I first looked at the source code, I though that searching through the action list assets was supported, but I guess I was wrong, right?

Thanks in advance for any insight on this :)

Comments

• It does indeed search ActionList assets, but only those referenced by your game - otherwise, asset files from other projects (including the demos) would be included.

If a scene has an ActionList: Run Action, set to reference an asset file, that file will be included in the gathering - provided that the scene is added to Unity's Build settings.

Other ways you can reference asset files is through Hotspots and other AC components that have an Actions source field which you can set to Asset File.

If you don't yet refer to to your asset files in your game, you can create a "dummy" Cutscene that simply references these files using ActionList: Run, even if the Cutscene itself is never run.