Forum rules - please read before posting.

The Pause Menu closes my onscreen "BACK" button...

Using a simple Button Menu element, I have placed a BACK button in one of my screens.

The problem is, if I bring up the Pause Menu with this button is active, the Back Button closes.  When I close the Pause Menu, the BACK button doesn't return!  This could leave some players stuck in the scene.   Any suggestions?

Comments

• I am having the same issue where clicking the In Game Menu to bring up the Pause menu my other Unity UI menus disappear or break or otherwise stop working. I noticed in the Hierarchy window that the Save icons disappear from the objects after pressing the Menu button.

Before clicking to open Pause menu

After clicking to open Pause menu

• I found a work around. In the InGame menu on the MenuButton set the Click type from Crossfade to Run Custom Action List. Then Turn the Menu On with an Action and set any custom animations to run using actions in applicable. I hope that helps.

• The "Crossfade" setting of the default Pause Menu is a convenience in that it will automatically close all in-game Menus when it opens.

To re-open the "Back" menu after the Pause menu closes, set your new Menu's Appear type to During Gameplay.  That will cause it to open automatically when during regular gameplay, and close when the game is paused - provided that it is unlocked.

To control when it is shown during gameplay, use the Menu: Change state Action to lock/unlock it, and the Menu's Start game locked off? property to set its default locked state.
  • Actually, just turning off the crossfade is all I need!  Thanks!