Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to use 2D collider in 2.5D camera perspective?

Hi everyone.I tried to set some hotspots attached with 2D collider,but that doesn't work,so i have to put a lot of cubes hotspots in my no-character 2D scene(like a shop,player just buy something and doesn't walk in the shop),it's weird to set hotspots in this way.

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @cnppncnpc.

Due to the nature of Unity, 2D colliders and physics components only work when using "Unity 2D" mode, i.e. 2D camera perspective.  When making 2.5D games, your objects are still arranged in 3D space - meaning you must use 3D components.

The Scene Manager should provide you with the correct prefabs to use - see the Preparing a 2.5D scene in the new Manual.

A 3D Hotspot, however, need not be a cube - it just is by default, due to it having the "Box Collider" component in its prefab.  You can replace this component, however, with any 3D Collider shape you wish - even a Mesh Collider - so long as "Is Trigger" is checked in its Inspector.
  • Thanks for your quick reply Chris,that helps me a lot.