Forum rules - please read before posting.

Shift Previous button

Hi 

I have created a journal diary but I can ’t seem to get OffSet Journal Shift Previous button to work

Shift Next works perfectly and Shift Previous works fine in the Inventory, but not in the Journal. I am using a controller and every time I press the left button, it tries to shift next ?

If I use a mouse and click on the left button, it works fine. The left button also shows up if I check Only show when effective after clicking the right button, so it knows the page has shifted. But when I push the left button, the right becomes highlighted. 

Here are my settings. I have updated to AC 1.57b

http://i.imgur.com/UIBxHA7.png

http://i.imgur.com/gn0Xvsc.png

Any suggestions or if I missed something would be great ! Many thanks.

Comments

• Journals are offset using Buttons with the dedicated Click type setting of Offset Journal - see Section 11.2 of the Manual.
  • Thanks Chris, I was using click type Offset Journal just in the screen shot I posted, but whenever I clicked on left it would shift next, even after setting it to shift previous. 

I have fixed it now, using a boolean and action list when pressing the button. 

Thanks for your reply and help. Much appreciated. 
  • Apologies - I misread your post.

This looks due to your use of the "CursorHorizontal" input as an alternative input button.  This field is intended for axes - not buttons.  Since both of your Button elements have this set to CursorHorizontal, it could be because the Shift Next is just overriding the Shift Previous.

What is it you're trying to achieve?  I don't understand your use of "pushing" the button as opposed to clicking it.
  • I was using left & right bumpers and on the controller to scroll through journal pages. 

I assigned CursorHorizontal to the bumpers in project inputs, but I'll try removing it and see if it behaves correctly. 

Thanks !