Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can I set different interaction methods on separate inventories?

I have two different inventories in my game.  I'd like one inventory to have it's interactions set to Multiple, while the other is set to Single.  Is this achievable through AC menu systems?

Comments

• Sorry - it's not.  An inventory's display is separated from its interaction mode.

What is it you're trying to achieve?
  • One inventory is just my standard set of collect items... but the second is going to be a Cell Phone that populates with Phone Numbers as I collect them.   I liked the Inventory system because it easily populates my vertical list (Using text only, no icons) in the order in which I collect them.

In this Cell Phone inspired menu, it feels more natural to just highlight and click the selected phone number (text) without bringing up the Interaction Menu that displays when Inventory is set to Multiple Interactions.

I briefly tried using Buttons instead, and enable/disabling them but this left unsightly gaps between phone numbers when certain ones were disabled. 
  • You'd have to rely on a simple custom script that handles your clicks for you.  I've written an example in the AC wiki.