Forum rules - please read before posting.

Container inside Inventory

Is it possible to put a container inside the inventory and have the contents of the container persist between scenes? My guess is no since containers are scene-dependent but maybe there is a way to do this using Action Lists?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @n8lgrand.

Well, not really.  The purpose of the container is to have an inventory that is scene-dependent, as opposed to the regular inventory which isn't.

If you can give more detail about what it is you're trying to achieve exactly, then maybe a workaround can be found.  If you're just trying to have the appearance of two separate inventory boxes in a Menu, then you could consider switching to Unity UI so that you can position each UI slot as you like - so that you can create two groups of inventory slots that are really just from the same inventory box.
  • Thank you for your response. I am enjoying using AC. I was trying to have the player hold a wallet in his inventory and the player can hold certain small things in the wallet. I will take your recommendation and build some Unity UI objects. 
  • No problem.  You might also want to look into inventory categories, as InventoryBox elements can be set to limit items by category.