Forum rules - please read before posting.

Deselect clicked inventory item.

Another rookie question.

I set up drag and drop.  I can drag an inventory item to a hotspot and it works as expected, however I run into problems if I click on the inventory item and decide not to use the item.

ie:
The cursor changes to the inventory cursor when I click on it, butI can't find out how to get it to go back to the normal cursor. Seems to get  stuck on the selected inventory item.  Is there a way to deselect the inventory item and return to game play?

I'm using hotspot then choose interaction.  But at this point seems to be more of an basic inventory issue as I just want to deselect it.

Any hints are appreciated.

Comments

• We'll need to know your AC version number, as well as your full interface settings.  Please post a shot of your full Settings Manager - there are more options at play than your interaction method.

Deselecting an item when in drag and drop mode should just be a case of releasing the click over the same item - or anywhere that isn't a Hotspot for that matter.