Forum rules - please read before posting.

Adding option to pickup to add item to inventory

Pickups seem to be good option to let user check out a object and if necessary moves objects if there are several piled up.  I would like to give user option to add item to inventory. I can work around for now but might be a handy feature for pickup objects.

Comments

• For now I added a script that detects a right click on the pickup and calls AC action to add item to inventory.  Not sure it that is best way to do it.
  • You may be able to make use of an "Examine" interaction by placing a Hotspot component on it, but PickUps don't have this feature by themselves.  Otherwise, your current method should be OK.
  • I decided to combine the pickup object with a child hotspot so user can interact with same object as either a pickup or hotspot.

Was easy to implement with a few lines of code in a couple of scripts and seems to work ok.

I added a child hotspot object to the pickup but leave it disabled.
    I use a script in my GameManager object to catch the right click on the pickup object which allows me to turn off the pickup feature then enable the hotspot feature.

Then I have a use action in the hotspot to call a small script on the hotspot which switch the object back to a pickup object and turns off the hotspot.   

Just happy your package is easy to customize.