Forum rules - please read before posting.

Do i really need to add a walk to point/marker every time too?

It seems like if i dont also add a walk to point within my actionlists there is a chance the player will continue to walk in place when reaching a marker even if i have set the interactions to move to a marker within the hotspots interactions.. (it doesnt happen all the time.. only sometimes if i just have it set to walk to marker in a hotspot & not also in my actionlist)

Mind you I am still on an older build of adventure creator 1.54a as ive been afraid to update for a while.. but probably should..

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Try changing the value of your Destination accuracy slider in your Settings Manager, and please provide screenshots to illustrate the issue - as its a very visual problem by its nature.  If you are using Mecanim for your animation, check the value of your Move speed float parameter when this occurs - it may be that your threshold to go transition from Walk -> Idle is too low.

However, its impossible to tell if this is an existing issue given your old version.  Even if you don't update your project "officially", please download v1.57 in a duplicate project that you can use to test that particular bug.  The "upgrade notes" sections in the Changelog will tell you of any changes made that you need to be aware of.
  • edited June 2017
    Problem is its so random as to when it happens and what fixes it is making an additional walk to point in the actionlist, but ill try again to see if i can replicate it intentionally.

I'm gonna update first as well as try your other suggestions first. I'll let you know how it goes.

Wouldnt I have the same issue with move to point in an actionlist if it was something like destination accuracy or transition to walk > idle? or not necessarily? 

Thanks Chris! I absolutely love working with adventure creator & can't wait to share a build of my game sometime soon!
  • edited June 2017
    Also, make sure your locomotion animations' state transitions don't have "Has exit time" ticked, else the transition between animations will take some time, and you will see gliding or walking in place, etc. 

Generally you'll want locomotion related animation transitions to happen instantaneously (transitions between walk, run, jump, fall, etc).
  • @Ghostlyguru: Without knowing more about it I can't say - you haven't shared much in the way of how your characters move.  Upgrade and try the suggestions, and if they don't help then please share as much detail as you can.