Forum rules - please read before posting.

Holes not detected

edited May 2017 in Technical Q&A
Hello to all.

I have installed AC version 1.57. Unity version 5.5.1f1 (personal edition) 64 bits.

I tried adding a hole to my navmesh in one of my scenes and it doesn't seem to detect it-. (I use Polygon Collider in my scene settings).

Here are some pictures to ilustrate:

Here is my player standing in the center of the hole (the yellow circle representing her center is behind the sound gizmo)

Here is my hole (an empty gameObject with a polygon collider). This picture is during runtime, and it did not check the is Trigger like it should.

This shows the hole I'm talking about (Hole: test). The other hole (Hole: fila) doesnt work either.

This is the navmesh. it has both holes referenced.

So that is all. If anyone could help i would really appreciate it!

Comments

• edited May 2017
    What about the shape of your base NavMesh, both in Edit mode and during runtime?

Can't recreate the issue.  The code to process the "hole" PolygonCollider2Ds is found in NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider.cs, specifically the ResetHoles function.  Try placing Debug.Log statements before and after the "return" statements (lines 194 and 198) to see how much of the function is being succesfully run.  That will help us determine where the issue lies.
  • edited May 2017
    Here are the images. The NavMesh is the big greenish rectangular shape that covers almost all the images.

Before runtime

During runtime

About the logs, what should I place in the Debug.Log? Which variables should I check before and after each return?

Thanks in advance!
  • edited June 2017
    Replace the whole function with this, and let us know what the Console logs when run.  Though it must be faster at this point to just PM me the scene file (*just* the scene file) for me to look at.
  • I will send you the scene since it does not allow me to paste the log here (it is past the max message length).