Forum rules - please read before posting.

Intro tutorial with text

Hello there, I'm trying to display some text when the game begins, like credits or how to move.

I want this text to be displayed while the player can already move so I checked "play in background", but I can't have pause for each speech, only the last speech is displayed.

How can I have speech1 => pause => speech2 => pause => speech3 playing while the player can already interact within the game ?

Thank you, sorry for my french!

Comments

• edited May 2017
    @Manou Hi, and welcome to the Adventure Creator forums. 

Anyway, have you tried to use an Engine:Wait action in between each Dialogue:Play speech action? Dialogue set to play in background will display inmediately, so if you call the action again it will most likely override the previous one. You'll have to tell AC to wait a bit before running the next dialogue (using the Engine:Wait actions). 

I guess you could also try to play with the Minimum Display Time in the Speech Manager, but I think that's not probably what you want in this case.
  • If you leave Play in background? unchecked, but set the When running field of the whole ActionList itself to Run In Background, then the speech Actions will be able to wait for each other as they would normally.

However, if you want total control over how and when these messages are shown, you could also display them directly in a dedicated Label inside a new Menu, and turn the Labels on and off with the Menu: Change state Action.
  • edited May 2017
    Thanks for the answers both of you, I tried Chris solution and it's working ! Thank you!