Forum rules - please read before posting.

Toggle AC Crosshair from script?

When I go into 3rd person in UFPS I want to call some code to hide the AC crosshair, how would I do this?

Comments

• I'm presuming the Hide cursor when locked in screen's centre? option in the Settings Manager has the effect you want, in which case you just need to change that through script.

The API reference to any Manager field can be found by right-clicking the field's label and clicking "Copy script variable":

AC.KickStarter.settingsManager.hideLockedCursor = true;
  • edited May 2017
    Thank you!..  Is it possible from an actionlist also via the gui ?
  • A custom Action, sure.  Having a dedicated Action for each and every field in the Managers would be bad UX, so only the ones that are the most commonly necessary to change mid-game have official ones.

A tutorial on custom Actions can be found here.
  • hideLockedCursor is not working here, it disappears if I untick "replace mouse" cursor, is it possible to do this from code ? I want the cursor hidden only during my intro scene.
  • Yes - just as with the Settings Manager's fields, all fields in the Speech Manager can be copied to the API by right-clicking their labels.
  • thanks man that is awesome.