Forum rules - please read before posting.

Dragging an object

Hello!

I am making a 2d game and am aware that dragging objects in 2d is impossible. So, I was wondering if there was still a way to move an object around by having the player switch from the main character to an object and move around the object as a player. Once the object gets to a certain place a trigger could switch the player back to the main character.

I made a couple mazes were the player needs to move an object through them and once they reach the end they get an object that helps them get out of the current room.

I have added a player script to one of the objects I would like to move, but adventure creator is not seeing the object when I try to add it as another player that can be switched to.

http://imgur.com/a/GMiYo

I'm anyone knows why this is happening or have any suggestions for making this maze work I would love to hear them.

Comments

• Players assigned in the Settings Manager must be prefabs.  AC will load them into the scene when required - and you can have them replace NPCs that do exist in the scene, to mask the "swapping" from non-playable character to playable character.

Also, Unity occasionally does not show all available prefabs in the selector window when clicking a field - you may have to drag the Player prefabs into the slots from the Project window instead.
  • Thank You!