Forum rules - please read before posting.

NPC Follow problem - NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object AC

Ive set up a navmesh etc and I want to get an NPC to follow the player but I get this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider.GetPointsArray (Vector3 _originPos, Vector3 _targetPos, AC.Char _char) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Navigation/NavigationEngine_PolygonCollider.cs:104)
AC.NPC.FollowMove () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/NPC.cs:250)
AC.NPC.FollowUpdate () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/NPC.cs:219)
AC.NPC.FollowAssign (AC.Char _followTarget, Boolean _followTargetIsPlayer, Single _followFrequency, Single _followDistance, Single _followDistanceMax, Boolean _faceWhenIdle) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Character/NPC.cs:350)
AC.ActionCharFollow.Run () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionCharFollow.cs:74)
AC.ActionList+<RunAction>c__Iterator2.MoveNext () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:329)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Coroutines.cs:17)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:293)
AC.ActionList:ProcessActionEnd(ActionEnd, Int32, Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:485)
AC.ActionList:EndAction(Action) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:398)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator2:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:367)
UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Comments

• In what version of AC?  In the current release, that would indicate you either don't have a "Default NavMesh" assigned in your Scene Manager, or that NavMesh has no PolygonCollider2D component.
  • Oh yes I dont have a default navmesh! Sorry, but how do you assign a navmesh like that?
  • In the Scene Manager - see this tutorial.
  • Thank you, will check it out, it might seem like I dont read the manual but I do really, it is open all day on one monitor :-)))