Forum rules - please read before posting.

Sound keeps playing after action list ends

Ive noticed this one for a long time, if I play a sample in an action list then end it, it seems like the sample plays randomly forever, I would expect it to play once and stop. May have been fixed since 1.54c? 

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Please provide more details.  Is the AudioSource or Action set to loop anything?  Are you ending the ActionList "naturally" or skipping it?  You can always check for fixes by updating AC in a duplicate project.
  • edited May 2017
    Nothing appears to be set to loop I have an actionlist that checks a boolean and does one part of the flow only when it is true (the sound is played in here using actionlist run that calls another one to play the sound). Once the boolean is set the same code does not execute again (as expected) and I know this because no text shows this time etc. Yet the sound still plays, I have experienced this in AC for a couple of years at least, which is why I have not done any sound yet in AC, Ive been leaving it. 

Weirdest bit is it appears to play randomly, there is no logic to when it will play, minutes can pass.. or seconds.
  • edited May 2017
    Really cant understand why no one else seems to be mentioning this, it's becoming a bit game breaking now because I have to leave off audio I want to do. Could you tell me the best way to debug this? I will stick print statements in all over, and see how the hell its happening :) 

PS actionlists end naturally, no skipping done. Definitely no looping anywhere, very weird bug.
  • I need to see exactly what you're doing - please provide some steps to recreate the issue (either in the form of bullet-points, and/or screenshots).

When it comes to debugging ActionLists, when using the ActionList Editor window you can toggle both breakpoints and comments on each Action.  At the bottom of the Settings Manager, there is an option to display these comments in the Console when the associated Action is run - that should help you determine exactly what's running and what isn't.
  • Fixed, this was a lack of understanding on my behalf of the sound system/UI. See http://www.adventurecreator.org/forum/discussion/3502/sounds-bug-ignore-is-already-playing-never-plays-sample-again#latest.

Thanks Chris.. LOVE AC.