Forum rules - please read before posting.

SettingsManager breaks my AC Game Editor Menu

edited April 2017 in Technical Q&A
I keep having the problem that when I go to the settings tab the AC Game Editor Menu freezes. The only way to get it back to work is by deleting the SettingsManager. But as soon as I make a new one the window freezes again. I really have no clue as to what is happening, hoping somebody here can help?

Comments

• The console tells me the following:
    TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'AC.OptionsData'.

Which does not help me at all...
  • edited April 2017
    Hi, and welcome to the Adventure Creator forums @Afello. In order to better help you, it would be very useful if you could tell us your AC and Unity versions.

Anyway, have you recently updated Unity? Or has it recently crashed on you? This kind of error may indicate corrupt data or files, happens usually with Dlls or such, but AC doesn't use Dlls, so it might be other data. Also, there's been many corrupt data reports from people updating to Unity 5.6. In this case it might be a good idea to either try to reinstall AC (and/or reimport your actionlists and Manager assets), or let Unity rebuild your project's library folder (just close unity, then go to your projects folder and delete the contents of the Library folder. Next time you open unity it will rebuild the library. Though mind you, if your project is large this can take a long time.) 

Also, make sure there are no other compiling errors.
  • Hi Alverik,

Thanks for the reply! I was working in 5.5 but thought that maybe updating to 5.6 might solve the problem, which it didn't. I also tried reimporting AC multiple times. Then I tried deleting AC and importing it but I just kept having the same results, everytime I ran the new game wizard I kept getting the same problem with the SettingsManager tab. The settings manager for the demo scenes worked fine though. I tried deleting the Library and rebuilding everything. But the settings manager tab just keeps crashing on me :( 

But! 

I did manage to solve my problem. My game is called "Sisterhood", which is the name I entered the first time in the game wizard. Somewhere down the lane the settings manager probably got corrupted. Deleting my Sisterhood manager and starting again with the same name given to the game wizard kept reintroducing the same problem. Right now I started a new game with "NewSisterhood" as name, which sucks for pure aesthetic reasons but the settings manager seems to work again! 

• Back up your project first, but you should be able to rename your asset files to remove the "New" safely now that it's working.  Can't say why this issue would occur, however.

If you get a Console error, please post the full message (which you get when selecting it in the Console window), as the stacktract beneath the first line is necessary when debugging such issues.
  • Hi @ChrisIceBox,

Thanks for the reply! I will try that, I am using GIT so I can easily revert back when renaming isn't doing the magic. And besides, nobody but me and the team will see the "NewSisterhood" name so it is barely a problem :) 

Big big respect for this mad adventure engine you created!