Forum rules - please read before posting.

[SOLVED] Custom interaction icon

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I would like to have a walk icon when hovering above hotspots that will exit the scene but I'm having trouble making it show up.

I've added the walk icon to the "Interaction icons" list under the "Cursor" tab and selected it in the hotspot's use interaction.

The texture itself is configured just like the built-in icons: Texture type=Texure, Alpha from grayscale=false,Alpha is transparency=true, Wrap mode=

Comments

• ..continued

Wrap mode=repeat, Filter mode=bilinear, Aniso level=1, Max size=1024, Format=Compressed.

Have I forgot something and is there a smarter way to accomplish this?

Best regards,

Robin

• edited April 2014
    Hey Robin,

You're almost there. What you also have to do is go into AC's Menu manager and create a new menu called 'Cursors' (or 'Interaction, which is what it is called in the demo manager; it doesn't really matter much). This controls the display of the custom cursors. If you already have one or are using the demo manager, you can skip to step 3.

Step 2:

Change these settings to:

Appear Type: On Interaction
    Element orientation: Horizontal
    Position: Follow Cursor

Step 3:

Add an element of type Interaction (select it from the dropdown box that says 'Button' by default and click Add New). Give the element the name 'Walk Cursor' and set Display Type to 'Icon Only' and Cursor to 'Walk' (or whatever you have called your walk cursor. It will show up in the dropdown).

Now your walk icon should show up ingame too :)
  • Hi Hedgefield,

It worked. Thanks for helping me out.

Cheers!