Forum rules - please read before posting.

Unity crashes when I run my game if AC is on

I am having a weird problem where Unity will crash if my AC object is on, it does not crash if I turn it off before running.  This is what the log said..

========== OUTPUTING STACK TRACE ==================

0x00000001418973FA (Unity) mecanim::skeleton::SkeletonPoseComputeGlobalQ
0x0000000141897427 (Unity) mecanim::skeleton::SkeletonPoseComputeGlobalQ
0x00000001412C17AF (Unity) mecanim::human::HumanFixTwist
0x00000001412C6D60 (Unity) mecanim::human::TwistSolve
0x000000014127BE85 (Unity) mecanim::animation::EvaluateAvatarEnd
0x000000014078205B (Unity) Animator::IKStep
0x0000000140784956 (Unity) Animator::IKJob
0x0000000140D3F203 (Unity) JobQueue::Exec
0x0000000140D3F459 (Unity) JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack
0x0000000140D3F4E8 (Unity) JobQueue::ProcessJobs
0x0000000140D3F5DE (Unity) JobQueue::WorkLoop
0x00000001411C538C (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
0x00007FFF80BE8102 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
0x00007FFF8131C5B4 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

Comments

• That's a strange one mate, looks animator related maybe? Chris is on holiday though & I've never seen this problem before so not sure what to suggest. Latest versions of AC & Unity I assume? You're also using UFPS as well if I remember.
  • Hey man, yep it probably is animation related, all of my animations are acting very strangely, even the UFPS main character, even ones from Mixamo etc. They are all sort of tilted 45 degrees and have one arm twisted behind their back - as you can imagine the game looks (even more) ludicrous now. I have been looking for a solution for over a month, but no one else seem to have this issue. It will probably turn out not to be AC related but everything does run fine with AC off. As usual I am playing the Unity waiting game on about 5 show stopping Unity bugs! 

• Weird ...

For what it's worth, I've brought three new NPCs into my project today without any issues. From the stack trace, it looks like humanoid rigs are being used - are your animations set up correctly for this? Just a stab in the dark ...
  • ummm. Can you try to re-import your animations? Also, are you using an IK pass on the characters? It might not hurt to turn that off just as a test. Also, are you using the last version of AC? (oh, and what unity version are you using?)
  • edited April 2017
    If you are using Mixamo characters, it might be a good idea to try to re-export them from the Mixamo website (as mentioned in this thread). Maybe even re-import the assets or the packages with the other characters and animations. Seems like upgrading to Unity 5.6 might have a chance of corrupting some assets (as I've been seeing recently from people's posts).
  • edited April 2017
    @radiantboy Any update on this issue? You never did mention what Unity version you are using or the AC version. The error does sound incredibly related to animation or IK. Does the error happen if you remove/disable the animator from the object and select custom animation engine in your Player/NPC? Have you tried changing the animator's options (enable disable root motion, the IK pass, etc)?

• I believe it some sort of corruption of files in my library/ folder, speaking to some guys at unity about it, I am currently reimporting everything (deleted library). I have high hopes that once regenerated it will work. Unity version is Unity 5.6.0b10 (64-bit) AC is 1.54c. It probably isnt AC related really, but with AC off I can run my scenes, with it on I cannot, but there are many animated AC charactersa so thats probably why its happening, I will let you know after my project rebuilds the library folder (in about 10 years lol).
  • I deleted library and reimported, after 24 hrs it finished lol.. Now my animations work perfectly and AC does not crash!!! AWESOME... 
  • Glad to hear it works now. Cheers!