Forum rules - please read before posting.

New conversation after the first one

Hi,

I searched but didn't find the solution (maybe I didn't search enough)

I created a hotspot where my character talks to the receptionnist. The conversation tells the player to go find a key.

But when I have the key, how can I change the conversation to give the key?

I don't know how to change the conversation the receptionnist will have when I get the key..

It should be simple but I just don't know where to look

Thank you,
Corentin

Comments

• You can check if he has the key in your actionlist. with Inventory-->check. then select the key inv item. You'll also probably want the receptionist to say something else after the key is given, so in the key give conversation, you should set a variable (created in variables manager) and use variable-->set to change it (probably from false to true since it will probably be a bool). So in you conversation you'll need a second check (variable-->check) to handle that.
  • Thank you it works !

But I also want that when I end the first conversation, a second one can be launched even if I don't have the key.

For example : "You didn't find the key yet? Go back to it !"

Is it possible?
  • Yes. There are options in Inventory-->Check that say "if condition is met" and "if condition is not met"

Change the dropdowns after those options to skip to another point in the actionlist. Just be sure that each section ends with a stop or it will fall through to the next one.
  • Thank you for your answer !

I will try it that way !

Thank you and have a nice day,

Corentin