Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can't see the title-screen menu during test run

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
I followed the Creating a Title-screen menu tutorial to create a title screen menu based on the pause menu but when I try to test it, I get a black screen in the Game window and the following warning log message:

Cannot continue ActionList as a pause menu has been turned on
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
ActionMenuState:End(List`1) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Actions/ActionMenuState.cs:266)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:204)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(String, Object)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:164)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:228)
AC.ActionList:ProcessAction(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:164)
AC.<RunAction>c__Iterator1:MoveNext() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:228)
AC.ActionList:BeginActionList(Int32) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:142)
AC.ActionList:Interact() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/ActionList.cs:111)
AC.SceneSettings:FindPlayerStart() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:102)
AC.SceneSettings:Start() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Game engine/SceneSettings.cs:74)

I've tried inserting the following actions in the cutscene script assigned to the scene:
Menu->Change State->LockMenu (InGame)
Menu->Change State->LockMenu (Inventory)
Menu->Change State->LockMenu (Pause)
Menu->Change State->TurnOnMenu (Title)

I even tried Menu->Change State->TurnOffMenu (Pause) but would get the same warning log message.

I've erased the AC asset, redownloaded it, reimported it and recreating a brand new 2D game project from scratch but to no avail.

Has anybody encountered this before? Am I missing anything?

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Seems a bug has cropped up lately whereby this Action'll be cause problems if it's the very first thing to run.  Try inserting a short pause before it, with the Engine: Pause game Action.

The warning should be there though: it's just telling you that no subsequent Actions will be triggered, since the Pause menu will block them (only if the Menu is set to Pause when enabled, however)
  • Inserting a short pause worked.

Thanks, Chris. :)