Forum rules - please read before posting.

Animation doesn't launch...

Hi again,

My character doesn't play the basic animations I'm using...

I imported my character and tagged him as a player and I added my two animations (idle and walk) in the player script.

But he only play the Idle animation from my animator, if I remove my animator he doesn't play anything :/

Is it normal?

Comments

• If I put animations, the game doesn't work (in the player script) and if I don't put my animations, the game works perfectly except that there are no animations..
  • You are mixing your animation engines.  You are using an Animator (or Mecanim) controller to play your animation - which is the recommended method - however you have set your Animation engine in the Player component to Legacy.  Legacy is Unity's old animation system, which relies on a different animation component to play back your animations.

Set your Animation engine to Mecanim (see tutorial), and then set the correct Move speed float parameter (in your case, this is set to "speed" in your Animator window).  You will also have to set a transition back from your Walk to Idle animations, so that the player can idle again when they stop moving,