Forum rules - please read before posting.

Custom GUIs

edited March 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hey again Chris, forgive me for the avalanche of questions, but this only indicates we're knee deep in AC integration!

We are looking to hook up our custom dialogue gui and custom inventory gui. 

I don't think that this is discussed in the manual. Are there any obvious entry points for capturing lines delivered by characters during conversations and with single play speech actions, as well as active hotspot labels? A similar question stands in regards to the inventory and integrating an external inventory solution to AC procedures, ie. selecting inventory items, interacting with them, detecting inventory gui activation and deactivation.

Many thanks!

Comments

• I completely missed the fact that it's the Menu Manager that deals with all GUIs - I'm looking through it now, so the question is no longer valid :)
  • Menu manager works like a blast! I was originally planning to include a couple of external systems, but you seem to have thought of everything Chris and I'm embracing more and more of AC. Fantastic job, thanks!

Just one scenario I couldn't crack with cursors - say I want to have a default walk cursor in the game world, but when I open the pause menu or the inventory menu, I'd use a different (arrowy) cursor. How would I go about achieving this in the most optimal way? Cheers!
  • You can't for the moment.  A few people have asked about this, so I may implement this shortly.