Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pass the value of an Integer Variable to a custom method using 'Object : Send Message' Action?

Hiya

I'd like to pass the value of an Integer variable to a custom Method using the Object : Send Message Action (either by selecting the variable name from a dropdown list or entering a replacement token in the 'Integer to send' field).

Is there a way to do this currently?

If not, is it something you'd consider adding?

Thanks!

Comments

• It would also be useful to be able to pass the value of a variable (e.g. Int) to a parameter in an ActionList Asset.
  • You can - this was introduced in v1.53.  If your Message to send is set to Custom, and Pass integer to method? is checked, you'll have the option to send an integer parameter - provided you've declared on in your ActionList's properties.
  • Hi Chris, thanks for your quick response.

I've got an ActionList asset set-up as you describe. When I run the ActionList I want to be able to pass the value of a variable into the integer parameter instead of entering a hardcoded value. 

Is that possible?

• If you set the parameter using the ActionList: Run Action, then you have to set the value directly.

However, you can use the ActionList: Set parameter Action to set an individual parmeter's value by copying it from a Global Variable.

If you're looking to pass an AC variable's value to a custom script, though - you don't need to use parameters, as you can just read the value of the variable directly in that same script:

int myIntValue = AC.GlobalVariables.GetIntegerValue (myVariableID);

See the front page of the scripting guide.
  • Thanks Chris. 

Just want to say that I love Adventure Creator. It's a fantastic tool, and one of the best things I've ever bought from the Unity Asset Store. Thanks for all the hard work you do on it. 
  • No problem, @Toad!  Asset Store reviews are more than welcome.
  • I've already given a 5 star review.  :0)