Forum rules - please read before posting.

Action List error

This isn't the first time this happened, first time was for unknown reasons but every time I try to make items combinable the action I create is empty and just doesn't work. I followed the tutorial exactly as described in these forums and still doesn't work, probably because of this error. Thanks!

Comments

• edited March 2017
    Welcome to the community, @knownasA.

I apologise for the error - it appears to be a duplicate of this bug and I would like to fix it ASAP.
    1. What version of Unity are you using?
    2. Did you begin fresh with the same version, or upgrade mid-project from a different version?
    3. When was the first time this occured?
    Fixing it for your own project should be a simple case should be a simple case of going into your Actions Manager and re-assigning a new default Action.  However, it's important to fix it in the code so that this doesn't occur again - for you, or anyone.

If you can, please test the following script amendment.  In ActionsManager.cs, you should find the Upgrade() method beginning line 93:

private void Upgrade ()
    {
        if (defaultClass > 0 && EnabledActions.Count > 0 && EnabledActions.Count > defaultClass)
        {
            defaultClassName = EnabledActions[defaultClass].fileName;
            defaultClass = -1;
        }
    }

Please replace it with the following:

private void Upgrade ()
    {
        if (defaultClass >= 0 && EnabledActions.Count > 0 && EnabledActions.Count > defaultClass)
        {
            defaultClassName = EnabledActions[defaultClass].fileName;
            defaultClass = -1;
        }

if (string.IsNullOrEmpty (defaultClassName))
        {
            defaultClassName = EnabledActions[0].fileName;
            defaultClass = -1;
        }
    }

Does that cause things to work?
  • Hey Chris,

Replying to you on this thread you referred me to.

Here are the answers to your questions:
    1. What version of Unity are you using? 5.5.0f3 Personal
    2. Did you begin fresh with the same version, or upgrade mid-project from a different version? Upgrade mid-project from AC1.55c
    3. When was the first time this occured? Right after upgrading from 1.55c is the first time I saw this error

The code fix you posted does indeed fix the problem. No more errors and I can add actions through the Actionlist editor no problem. Thanks!

• Hi @ChrisIceBox, thank you for your support. It worked like a charm. Glad to be part of this community and to be using such a great tool! You can expect me to be posting here a lot, since I am a big newbie in this development adventure.
  • Good to hear, I'll push an official fix out soon.

@jasong: Was your default Action prior to upgrading ActionList: Check parameter?  That's the only condition that I can find that would cause the issue.
  • Yes, Chris. That was the default action.