Forum rules - please read before posting.

Need to rotate the character

Hello,

So I've got this "death" effect I need to play on a character, basically rotate the character in a circle motion. (to make it seem like floating in air.)

I've got the rigidbody on, and can change it to Kinematic, however cannot unfreeze the rotations X, Y, and Z, thus no rotation possible.

How do I go on to rotate the character?

Thanks.

Comments

• Unless you want to program a bit, I'd recommend you to use Unity's animation system. It'll probably be far easier that way. Else, I "think" AC has some actions to change player rotation, but animation is usually the best way.
  • AC requires control over your character's root GameObject transform / Rigidbody.  If you parent the model to a child GameObject, you can rotate the child without affecting the root.

However, your Animator is probably set up to work with the model on the same object - so you would have to move the Animator as well.  AC currently requires the Animator be on its root, but I shall remove this requirement in v1.56a.
  • Great approaches from both of you thank you!