Forum rules - please read before posting.

Changing and saving of NPC speaker labels

edited August 2014 in Engine development
Hello there,

in the 1.37 release discussion nightFlarer requested the following:
---
I just had a quick look and couldn't find anything, can you change "Speaker name" through an action list? For example, I would have the speaker name set as "???" and then I would change it to "John Doe" at a certain point.
---

As it afterwards felt a bit off-topic, i am now putting this and my answer in a new discussion:

ChrisIceBoxnightFlarer):
To further aquaint with custom actions i just looked into the possibility to add the above requested, but it seems impossible to do properly with the current version without doing changes to the AC Core, as the Speaker label is not included in the Remember NPC scripts saving and loading function. Every time you load a savegame (or probably even already on a scene change) it would be reset to default.
So if a full custom action to do this would be out of scope for the current roadmap, it would be nice if you could at least add the saving and loading of speaker labels to RememberNPC.cs. This would as far as i see and experimented only require three lines (again cheers for this well structured code, Chris :) ) of additional code (excluding comments ;D) in RememberNPC.cs to allow for a custom action and having the changed label saved.

nightFlarer: If you "can't wait" for this to be included and accept a core change thats needs to be maintained/reincluded manually every version update (not that big of a deal tho in this case, as explained) 'til it is officially included, you may ask me to assist you and i give you the needed code changes and also see to provide a custom action for your request.

Sincerly,
Julian

Comments