Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pausing Speech to allow for cursor input

edited August 2014 in Engine development
Just looking for ideas on how I could go about this.

What I would like is to have speech start and finish with the subtitles staying displayed until a replay or next button is pressed.

Currently the speech does not as far as I can tell allow for the cursor to be active during speech also it looks like the time displayed for the subtitles is based off the time of the speech....

Comments

• Got the cursor to stay visible in the speech display, just can't figure out how to keep the text on the screen until I press one of the buttons now.....
  • You can't have it display indefinitely, but you could just increase the "Display time factor" in the Speech Manager to something very large.
  • Thanks for the tip.
  • So I guess my next question would be since there is no way to actually pause the speech subtitles to stay on the screen, can I implement a replay and next button? I believe the next button could just call ActionSpeech's Skip function which would work just fine I believe, but for the replay..........is it possible?
  • No, it's not.  I'll see about adding a "pause subtitles indefinitely" button, but I can't guarantee it's inclusion in 1.38.
  • Ah cool I was wondering about something similar I think, functionality where a line of speech does not continue until you've pressed a button (twice if text scrolling is on - once to skip the scroll and once to advance to the next line). Like how JRPGs do it. In my case I'd just use the left mouse button instead of an onscreen button.