Forum rules - please read before posting.

Access Buttons via Script

edited January 2017 in Technical Q&A
How do I do it? I saw the click type and it shows run action list. I click it and saw Custom Script, how do I make buttons run from my custom script? It just said menusystem.onelementclick will be run when this element is clicked.

I have asked this because I want to access UFPS Respawner  to AC to make my player respawn. Because when I just only reset the scene using buttons actionlist, UFPS becomes weird, the player hops when walking, the health that i referenced became faster to deplete when taking damage. Any help please, I just badly needed some aid. :(

EDIT: SO i have check the vp_damagehandler script, this is the one that deals damage to the player, theres nothing wrong there, i have debug the console. and the value of damage is still (-0.1 to -0.5 this is the default damages of UFPS), now when i restart the scene using Engine: end game - restart scene. the debug message where still on (-0.1 to -0.5) but i died almost instantly, and when the player run, It hops,  the controls were bobbly and shaky. If there are just reset action which resets it all.

Comments

• AC will not reset UFPS when that Action is run - you will need to reset UFPS separately.

An AC button can be manually clicked with the SimulateClick method:

AC.PlayerMenus.SimulateClick ("MyMenuName", "MyButtonName");