Forum rules - please read before posting.

Multiple Scenes at once

Hey Guys,
I'm working on a game where the transitions from one room to another are accompanied by a seamless cameramovement, which works wonderfully thanks to adventure Creator.
This led to the situation that I have very large scenes with several conneted rooms (which furthermore are connected through a transportation system from one scene to another). 
Here is a Video, should be easier to understand it in this way... gameplay is from 1:16 on :D  
Despite long load times this worked well in the Editor, but Unity has a limitation of 4GB max textures per scene which broke my Game when building, so now I have to divide the continuous scnes into multiple scenes that should be loaded at the same time and in a way that i can reference scene Objects from one Scene from another scene. 
What would be the best workflow for this situation? I already tried having a "Engine Scene" which contains all Cameras, Hotspots e.g. that loads the other scenes but I also have to change the Visibility of Game Objects for example and the connections in the action lists are lost when I try to change things from one scene... 

Comments

• With Unity 5.3 onward, AC allows you to add multiple scenes together using the "Scene: Add or remove" Action.  See Section 5.1 for more details on its use.
  • Hi Chris, thanks for the quick response, the loading of multiple scenes is not a problem. Sorry maybe my question was a little confusing. Does every scene has to contain a game engine for example? And when for example 2 Scenes are open in the same time, how can i change the visibility of an object inside Scene 1 by walking through a Trigger in Scene 2? 

Thank you
  • AC will automatically disable GameEngines as necessary.

In-scene Actions cannot refer to other scenes, but ActionList assets can.  Set your Trigger's Actions Source to Asset File, and have it run an ActionList asset that manipulates the other scene.
  • Thanks a lot! :)