Forum rules - please read before posting.

Integrating a labyrinth

Hey folks,

I'd like to integrate a little labyrinth in my game. Maybe a procedural ones or let's say 5 different ones stored with one chosen randomly at game start. I have a scene of a labyrinth node and want to show/hide the walls (up/down/left/right). My idea was to keep the labyrith layout in an array or list to read it out and create the according scene. But AC doesn't support arrays or lists as variables. How would you make up such a labyrinth? Is it possible to create this with AC's own mechanisms or is there a way to read out an array that I make up in a custom script? What would be best practice to do this?

Yours
MAC

Comments

• While you could create a separate scene for each possible outcome, you could show/hide walls in the same scene as you've described.  Having different NavMeshes would also be a requirement, however.  With or without arrays etc, you will still need to have a different NavMesh for each combination of exit.

The actual combination of NavMesh / wall visibility etc, is dependent on the surrounding exits, not just the current position.  This is best done within a custom Action, which could read the two AC integer variables (to denote the current X and Y position), consult an array stored within the Action which acts as the "map", and sets up the room accordingly.