Forum rules - please read before posting.

hotspots over inventory

Hi,

I have an inventory with a regular horizontal panel
a child of the panel is another vertical panel with a button (green).
But hotspots "shine" through that one.image

I expected the second vertical panel to overlay the hotspots too so they are not clickable.
In the inspector the panels don't have any special different settings
except that the horizontal panel has a constant id and is linked in the menu settings.

am I doing something wrong?

Comments

• Are both your Inventory and Hotspot Menus rendered using Unity UI, or just the Inventory?  In order to control Z-order, you will need to have them both in Unity UI, and make sure the Hotspot Menu is bottom of the list in the Menu Manager.  It will then be down to tweaking Unity's Canvas etc properties within your prefabs.
  • all is unity ui
    I only have one canvas for the inventory
    the vertical panel has the same properties like the bottom working panel
    and is a child of the bottom panel.
    raycasts are checked.

But I found the problem now.

"The Linked Canvas should be the root
    object of the UI, and the RectTransform boundary should reference the "bounding box" -
    this can be invisible, but is necessary for Adventure Creator to determine whether of not
    the mouse is currently "over" a UI."

I have two panels but I can only add one to the menu.
    so i'll have to kill the vertical one.

• If by the vertical one, you mean the little button, you can just split that into two canvases if you are looking for perfect accuracy (ie: just put the button in a different canvas, and set it up as a sepaqrate menu). Else you can just make the "Bounding box" big enough to encompass it, though the invisible part is most likely to block raycasting too if you do that.
  • Yes, it would block some hotspots.
     I ve merged the vertical bar buttons into the bottom one.
    I'll play a little with the design. 
    Thx