Forum rules - please read before posting.

Moving an NPC along a path

edited August 2014 in Technical Q&A
So I've gone through the manual and did what I was told there however I cannot for the life of me get the npc or character to move along the path I've created.

What I want is for the NPC to be walking back and fourth then when the player comes in to range the NPC takes notice and takes off (again following another path)

Seems like it would be easy enough like most of the AC stuff but for the life of my I cannot figure out why they won't travel on the path I've created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• It is simple, but without knowing what you've done to begin with it's difficult to help!

Have you created a separate Path object in the scene?  It should just be a case of using the Character: Move along path Action once it's been defined.
  • Ah yes sorry about the lack of detail.

So I have my world set up, the player is in and moving just fine using point and click method with unity navigation. The NPC is in with the NPC script and path script.

I currently have a small path I want the NPC to walk. I do have the NPC right by the path but I also did check the box to have the NPC transported to the start of the path. 

That being said I think my issue is I'm probably calling the Action List: Character Move Along Path in the wrong spot, it currently is with the path.
  • Disregard, I have figured it out, set the action in a trigger works perfectly.