Forum rules - please read before posting.

Camera not following Player after Loading on an Saved game.

Hi Chris,
Is there any detailed tutorial on how to set all things in scene to work flawlesly with save/load system ?

(I have lots of issues: camera not following Player is the biggest one).

I was trying to find it in manual pdf. but its verry fragmented and there is not 1 single section specyficly for Load/Save config.
(or is it ?).

Thanks

Wojciech
Mad Potatoes

Comments

• The whole of Section 9 is dedicated to saving and loading - and Section 9.2 covers the saving of scene objects, camera included.  To save which camera is currently the active one, just add a Constant ID component to it.

Saving is also covered in the video tutorials.  To have AC automatically go through and add the scripts it believes your game needs, click Auto-add save components to GameObjects in your Settings Manager after backing up your game.
  • Wow great !

Sorry for me being so stupid about that subject.

;]
    Thanks
    Chris !

• edited December 2016
    Hi Chris,

I'v tried to use Auto-add save components.
    But there seems to be some problems now
    (before scenes switched smothly, with no problems).
    Now some of them are switching but some aren't
    (in that case some red error is occuring and scene is not switching to another - please take a look at console picture):

also constant Id is missing in some oh holes/sorting maps and so on...
    I thought it will be aded automatically... :/

My thoughts on reason for bugs in automation:
    In case of holes I was making "1 hole proper way"(Game Object >Create Empty>Add Component > and so on), but then I was just copying if there was more holes.

In case of sorting maps and nav meshes I was copying/duplicating them in Explorer View - so every scene has it's own prefab of nav mesh and sorting map.
    (but maybe this way is wrong?).

For NPC's I have 1 prefab (the same one in diferent scenes if that npc is in both),
    and for player I have 2 prefabs overall and its a bit messy - in some scenes there is 1 version and in other 2 nd one.
    (well it worked before...).

I will be werry thankfull for Your help/advice

Wojciech
  • Ok, 
    Guess this Scenes switching problem is caused by Sorting maps 
    (they didn't had constant ID (I'v added it manuallly and now it works).

So its not actual.

Thanks
    W
  • The auto-save function should pick that up - I'll see to that, thanks for the report.